Tooth-Colored Composite Fillings
Harmful bacteria on the tooth can lead to decay. We can remove the decay and fill the area. Fillings can also be used to repair cracked or broken teeth and teeth that have been worn down. Tooth-colored fillings are made of tooth-colored, composite resin. This protects the tooth from infection and further decay.
When decay is left untreated, it can worsen, causing further infection and even more severe pain. The infected tooth may eventually require a root canal or extraction.
The process for placing tooth-colored fillings with composite resin is as follows:
- The tooth is isolated from saliva to keep it dry.
- The decayed portion is removed from the tooth, leaving a healthy tooth structure.
- A bonding agent is used to coat the opening.
- A special light is used cure the bonding agent.
- The tooth-colored composite resin is added, shaped, and polished to look like your natural tooth.
We can help you decide whether composite resin fillings are right for you. Composite resin not only restores your teeth but also gives a natural-look.
You can decrease your risk of cavities and other dental diseases by:
- Brushing your teeth twice a day
- Flossing daily
- Keeping up with regular professional cleanings
- Avoiding eating or drinking acidic or sugary foods and beverages
For more information or to request an appointment, contact us.