Lexington Family Smiles provides general dentistry in Lexington, SC, for those seeking oral treatments, prevention, and more.
What Is a General Dentist?
A general dentist is also known as a family dentist. Just as you have a primary care physician, you may also have a general dentist as your go-to provider for all your dental care needs. Services a general dentist may provide for patients are routine preventative care, such as regular teeth cleanings, X-rays, exams, and fillings.
Some key roles of a general dentist are to guide patients in proper dental care, help them build healthier habits, and identify potential problems before they get worse, and if need be, refer patients to dental specialists. However, at Lexington Family Smiles in Lexington, SC, we also provide other dental services such as cosmetic dentistry, restorative solutions, and more.
About Dr. Michael Moulton
When it comes to finding a general dentist in Lexington, SC, you want a practitioner you can trust with a well-established reputation for good services and a comprehensive selection of general dentistry procedures.
Dr. Michael Moulton is all that and more. He has established a reputation of being a trusted and reliable provider of quality dental care in Lexington, SC. He and his team at Lexington Family Smiles work together closely to create an environment that’s warm, friendly, and inviting, so patients can feel comfortable and enjoy their visits with us. Dr. Moulton’s mission is to provide patients with individualized service and excellent care, at affordable prices.
We Provide a Full Range of General Dental Services in Lexington, SC
Our facility includes modern, state-of-the-art equipment that enables us to detect and treat dental issues before they get worse and compromise your health. We offer a full range of general dental services including but not limited to preventative care, prosthetic services, restorative dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, regular checkups, emergency care, and other oral treatments for both men and women seeking a general dentist in Lexington, SC.
What is Preventative Dentistry?
Preventative dentistry helps patients maintain good oral health by combining proper oral habits, such as brushing and flossing, with regular dental check-ups. This type of general dental care usually begins in your childhood and continues throughout your life to help reduce dental problems like gingivitis, gum disease, and cavities.
Protecting your smile and your health is our number one goal here at Lexington Family Smiles. That’s why we emphasize preventative care and early detection to avoid any future problems from occurring that could compromise your oral health.
We use advanced treatment methods and a preventative care plan to help achieve optimal oral health levels and gentle dental care is one of our top priorities. Some of the more common preventative dentistry services include:
- Teeth cleaning
- Regular oral exams and check-ups that usually take place every 6 months
- Routine X-rays
Most dental plans cover preventative care, to see if your plan is one of them, check with your insurance provider.
Dos and Don’ts for Proper Oral Care
- Brush: Brushing your teeth should be done at least twice daily; once in the morning and once at night. We recommend using a soft-bristled toothbrush and toothpaste with fluoride. We can help instruct you on proper brushing techniques and recommend some of the best brands of toothpaste and toothbrushes to use.
- Floss: Floss every day to ensure you remove the food that gets stuck between your teeth before it becomes plaque.
- Rinse: A good mouthwash should be used after flossing to rinse your mouth out and remove food particles.
- Protect your teeth: If you are participating in rough sports, it is important to use a mouth guard for protection. In addition, those who grind their teeth during sleep should consider using a nighttime mouth guard to help avoid gum recession.
- Don’t eat too many sweets as sugar can rot your teeth.
- Don’t eat acidic foods as they can harm your tooth enamel.
- Don’t eat hard foods that can chip or damage your teeth, including hard candy, seeds, foods with bones, pits, etc.
- Don’t use tobacco products (smoke). Not only can this lead to cancer, but it can also cause other dental problems.
What Does Cosmetic Dentistry Involve?
Cosmetic dentistry is basically any dental work done to the teeth or gums to improve appearance rather than functionality. Its primary focus is on dental aesthetics, such as color, shape, position, alignment, and size of your teeth. It also involves your gums that affect your overall appearance.
Cosmetic dentistry may involve…
- Adding dental substances to teeth or gums: crowns (caps), porcelain veneers (laminates), bonding, gum grafts, etc.
- Removing tooth or gum structure: gingivectomy or enameloplasty.
- Straightening teeth to improve the facial appearance: orthodontics.
- Enhancing tooth or gum structure: teeth whitening (bleaching), gum depigmentation, or laser whitening.
Lexington Family Smiles provides patients with excellent cosmetic dentistry in Lexington, SC. They will not only help you look fabulous, but will also help you feel great too.
Dr. Moulton combines his excellent skills in cosmetic dentistry with the latest approaches and advanced techniques to brighten up your smile. The cosmetic dental procedures he performs include dental veneers and teeth whitening methods that work so well you will be excited to show off your smile.
The Latest Techniques in Prosthetic Dental Care and Restorative Solutions
As we age the protected enamel of our teeth starts wearing out and gets thinner, causing teeth to get weaker. This can result in cracked, chipped, or missing teeth among other things. Missing or cracked teeth can hinder your appearance, impair your speech, lower your self-esteem, and impact your quality of life. Additionally, it can make it hard to chew.
Dr. Moulton takes the most advanced approaches in prosthetic dentistry. He uses cutting-edge technology to help patients regain their oral functions and improve their appearance. He can skillfully replace one or more teeth with fixed bridges, dental implants, partial dentures, or full dentures. These restorative solutions are a great way to improve your speech, enhance your appearance, and ensure you can eat right.
Make Your Smile Your Number One Priority
At Lexington Family Smiles we provide quality dental care at affordable pricing, so everyone in Lexington, SC, can get the general dental care they need. Aside from the services already mentioned, we also provide oral cancer screenings, comprehensive periodontal therapy, endodontics, and much more, using advanced treatment modalities.
If you live in the Lexington area of South Carolina, contact us today to request an appointment. We can raise your confidence and put a smile on your face with fast, friendly gentile dentistry.